Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Amazing.

I am just so amazed at how incredibly interesting my daily reading is right now! Genesis 4-8 was today's chapters. Please read it for yourself today or soon. 

Eve bares a son, Abel.  Then she bares his brother Cain. Eve's first pregnancy was twins!  Ever asked someone the question, do twins run in your family?! ;-)

Then, Cain kills his only brother... the only other son to the first people of the world... just an amazing thought... and I know we use the term "amazing" very flipantly these days but I mean it when I say I am amazed at this... Adam and Eve have 2 sons and one of them kills the other.  What was going on in these parents minds?  These days we say, "I can't believe what this world is coming to..." When in reality, terrible things happened from the very beginning! 

Then Adam, the first man lives to be oh... 930 years old!  Do you think he was tired at all??  Bored??  Just enjoying life... arthritis?  Just some thoughts...

The there is Noah.  God says, "Build an ark Noah.  Go and get a lot of animals, male and female and load them up with your family.  I'm going to flood the whole earth.".  Noah says "Ok".
Just can't imagine how smart he must have been to be able to go out and build an ark.  I can't imagine how skilled he must have been to be able to go out, find those animals, make sure they were the right animals and bring them on board...  I really can't imagine his faith!! Can you?!

Then, can you invision, being on a boat with YOUR whole family while the WHOLE rest of the living creatures and man flooded on earth?  He must have been so humbled and thankful.  Scared and amazed!  I have no idea how he really felt but I've tried putting myself on that ark with my family and it brings butterflies to my stomach.  It warms my heart and makes me cringe all at the same time.  It makes me want to live in a way that pleases the Lord, that's for sure! ;-)


Cute picture!  Not to say that I am oppose to the cartoon look of Bible stories but it does make me think...  Does this picture give any justice to the serious, amazing and REAL event that took place?  I want to share these events with Analiese in a way that she understands that God's Word is incredible AND it's true.


What an amazing God we serve... literally amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment